Sunday, January 24, 2010

nothing

my best friend, elise, and i have talked a lot about writing blogs for the last couple of years. since they came into vogue, we have been hooked and mutually wasted a lot of hours scanning various blogs (her favs are design and clothes, i love food and cooking). she recently suggested that we start where larry david and jerry seinfeld started. so here we go, blogs about (drumroll) nothing. my hope is that i'll get back into the swing of writing and a topic or an inspiration will come from my ravishingly interesting life.
as some background, i'm a senior at auburn university, but because of a semester i took off to work in colorado and some pretty lax semesters, i'm not graduating until december. i really don't know what i am going to do after i graduate (tentative plans are to go on an adventure, to serve and to improve my spanish abroad for a couple of months then apply to the Memphis Teachers Residency), but since the majority of my friends are graduating in may, future job talk is at peak high. it gives me a false sense of urgency that i don't absolutely have to experience for at least another couple of months. so, daily, i pray for a calm heart, to live fully in my life here in auburn, and to not be distracted by things i can't control.

as a post script, today i tried kumquats. it is like nature's gusher.

No comments:

Post a Comment